By now, most people have heard about Brooklyn hip. Well, let us introduce you to Queens cool! Just across the river from Midtown Manhattan lies Long Island City, a rapidly changing neighborhood of soaring new towers and budding cultural centers, set amidst the bones of New York City’s industrial past. On this 3-hour walking tour, Meet interesting local artists and entrepreneurs, and enjoy additional stops for light bites and to sample local micro brews, as well as a grand finale at a rooftop with incredible views, with a glass of prosecco in hand!
Book Long Island City Walking Tour: Queens Cool Uncovered here
Queens holds many treasures, if you know where to look. Just across the river from Midtown Manhattan lies Long Island City, a rapidly changing neighborhood of massive new apartment towers and budding cultural centers, set amidst the bones of New York City’s industrial past.
Only a subway stop from Manhattan, Long Island City feels a world away from the chaos of “the city” just across the river. On this 3-hour walking tour you will be guided through the thriving arts scene of this flourishing neighborhood, with a walk that reveals its many layers of history and culture. Learn about Long Island City, its history, arts scene, DIY (do-it-yourself) manufacturing movement, breweries, and relevance in the big picture of Queens and NYC at large. Stop in for visits and tastings at exciting artist studios and galleries, popular eateries, a unique microbrewery, and a rooftop lounge with unforgettable views.
You will explore industrial sections of the neighborhood that have yet to undergo transformation. A visit to Long Island City, after all, is essential to understanding the industrial history of New York City. On this “Queens Cool Uncovered” tour, you will experience the grit, the grime, and the glorious.
The tour also incorporates several spectacular and unique vantage point of Manhattan’s canyons of skyscrapers, laid out in its famous grid line design, with stunning vistas of the Empire State, Chrysler, and United Nations buildings. See NYC like you’ve never seen it before. . . from Queens!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tastings (not enough for a full meal)
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow for check-in; tour will start promptly
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adult pricing applies to children ages 3 and over
- Please advise on any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces and staircases, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Note that food and drink inclusions are meant to serve as tastings, and are not intended to replace a full meal
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.Book Long Island City Walking Tour: Queens Cool Uncovered here