Until you see New York City from the top of the Empire State Building, you haven’t really seen it! You’ll remember your first visit to the Empire State Building and the amazing 360-degree panoramic views of Manhattan forever.
Book Empire State Building Tickets - Observatory
Your admission ticket takes you to the 86th-floor of the Empire State Building, at 1,050 feet (320 meters) and the glass-enclosed area is reached by high-speed automatic elevators. From the Empire State Building Observation Deck, you’ll be treated to spectacular indoor and outdoor views of Manhattan including Central Park, Times Square, the Flatiron Building, Brooklyn Bridge, Chrysler Building, the Statue of Liberty and so much more.
The Empire State Building is waiting for you day or night. Come watch the sunset as New York is bathed in warm orange, red and yellow tones, then stick around as the lights come on all over town. Or come later and listen to the live music (weekends only) as the stars and lights twinkle romantically. Whenever you come, enjoy the magic without the wait.
There are 3 lines at the Empire State Building Observatory: the security line (required for all visitors), the ticket line and the elevator line. You may proceed directly to the turnstile with your voucher.
VIP Express Experience Upgrade
Speed past the lines on your way to the tallest point in Manhattan! Your VIP Express Experience voucher will enable you to proceed directly to the front of every line, saving valuable time to do all the other things New York is famous for. Don’t spend your valuable holiday time waiting in line — there’s no faster way to the top of the Empire State Building!
You’ll be greeted on the second floor to redeem your pass pre-security, eliminating the need to redeem vouchers at the ticket office. You’ll also receive a special wristband to identify you as a VIP Express Experience pass holder.
VIP Express Experience passes are especially valuable from Memorial Day through Labor Day, from Thanksgiving until New Year’s any time of day and all holiday weekends. Other times of year the pass is recommended for planned visits between 11am and 2pm, and one hour before and after sunset. Limited numbers of passes are sold, so typical wait time is under 5-minutes. Specific wait times cannot be guaranteed, only front of line privileges.
- Admission to Observation Deck
- Audio tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Admission to the 102nd Observatory Deck
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vouchers are valid up to a year from travel date selected
- No refunds due to weather conditions, length of lines or wait times at the building
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children aged 5 years and younger are free. Must be accompanied by an adult
- Skip-the-line privileges are only available with the VIP Express Experience Admission Ticket option
- Admission tickets to the 102nd-floor observatory are sold at the observatory ticket office, on the 2nd floor of the building. Admission costs USD 20.00 in addition to regular admission tickets.
Empire State Building
8am to 2am
Last elevators to the top are at 1:15am
Holiday Operating Hours:
- New Year’s Day: 8am – 2am
- Thanksgiving Day: 8am – 2am
- Thanksgiving Weekend: 8am – 2am
- Christmas Eve: 8am – 10pm
- Christmas Day: 8am – 2am
- December 26 – December 30: 7am – 1am
- New Year’s Eve: 8am – 10pm
2 hours (approx.)
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.Book Empire State Building Tickets - Observatory