Learn about Broadway before you see a show with this behind-the-scenes look at New York City’s famous theater district. On this two-hour guided walking tour, your expert guide (a real Broadway performer) will illustrate how a district known for trading horses in the late 18th century became a global center for world-class entertainment. Listen as your guide colors Broadway’s history with fascinating backstage stories about some of the most famous performances and Broadway stars!
Book NYC Walking Tour: Broadway History and Culture here
Whether you’re an avid theater-goer or you’re new to Broadway, get an authentic Broadway experience on this two-hour guided walking tour of New York City’s famous theater district. Discover the history of Broadway from a thespian’s perspective – your expert and enthusiastic guide, a real Broadway performer!
Meet your guide at Duffy Square and take off on a behind-the-scenes look at Broadway, home to the billion-dollar theater industry. Learn why theaters flourished in the Great Depression, walk the edge of Hell’s Kitchen (where the real West Side Story took place) and learn what it takes to ‘make it’ on the big stage.
You also make stops at:
- Shubert Alley – the geographical center of the Broadway district
- Sardi’s – known for hundreds of show-business caricatures on the walls
- 42nd Street – home to many Broadway theaters
- The Edison Hotel – former location of the Edison Theatre
- “Smokey Mary’s” church – known for use of incense
- George M Cohan statue – statue memorializing major American entertainer, playwright, composer, lyricist, actor, singer, dancer, and producer
- Professional guide – a Broadway performer
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.Book NYC Walking Tour: Broadway History and Culture here